How can I improve Wi-Fi performance?
Wi-Fi performance is a complicated issue that can vary based on your router, Mac, iPad, other nearby Wifi networks, other users on Wifi or even the weather (really!).
However, we do have a few guidelines for improving Wifi performance:
- Use a modern wireless router that supports 802.11ac
- Use the 5Ghz band when possible
- Move closer to your router, or move the router to improve signal
If normally you have good performance but experience an unusual temporary slow down, try:
- Rebooting your router (typically done by unplugging the power)
- Rebooting both your Mac and iPad